Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
- 2 cups fresh or 1 bag frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 12 slices bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a saucepan. Heat until the sauce is semi-thick. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Cut crusts from bread. Spray a 2-quart rectangular glass pan with a nonstick pan coating. Cover the bottom of pan with 6 bread slices.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, Half-and-Half, vanilla extract and sugar. Pour half of this mixture over bread.
- Spread thickened, cooled blueberry sauce over bottom layer.
- Arrange the other half of the bread on top of blueberry filling.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 servings or 12 servings for a buffet.
- Top with brown sugar and a few blueberries.