A quick cannoli style cream filling takes these delicious chocolate glazed doughnuts
to the next level.
Filling and Doughnuts
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix (1/4 cup)
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream and pudding mix with electric mixer
on medium speed until thick. Cover; refrigerate.
- Bake biscuits as directed on can; cool on cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat Chocolate Glaze ingredients with whisk until
smooth, adding enough milk for desired glaze consistency. Cover; set aside.
- To fill doughnuts, let filling stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Spoon pudding into decorating bag fitted with 1/2-inch wide tip. Insert
tip into side of each biscuit. Squeeze about 2 tablespoons pudding mixture into
- Dip top of each biscuit into glaze.
- Place on cooling rack over cooking parchment paper; let stand for 10 minutes
to allow glaze to set.
- Store in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 30 min | Total Time: 45 min | Yield: 8 servings
If you don’t have a decorating bag and tip, use a gallon-size plastic freezer
bag. Spoon frosting into bag, and cut 1/2 inch off one corner of bag. Fill doughnuts
Nutritional information Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 330 Calories from
Fat 160 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 2 1/2g Cholesterol 35mg Sodium
630mg Total Carbohydrate 38g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 11g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury