Caramel Pretzel Doughnuts
Baked cake-like Bisquick® mix doughnuts glazed with thick caramel sauce and topped
with broken pretzel twists and flaked coconut – perfect for your sweet-salty cravings.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered
- 1 cup small pretzel twists, broken
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the milk; return to boiling.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, 2/3 cup
milk, the vanilla and egg until blended.
- Stir in melted butter. Spoon batter into resealable food-storage plastic
bag; seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag; squeeze bag to pipe batter into
pan, using about 1/4 cup for each doughnut.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes
- Immediately remove doughnuts from pan to cooling rack; cool completely.
- Gradually beat powdered sugar into brown sugar mixture with whisk until
smooth, adding remaining 1 tablespoon milk if needed.
- Glaze doughnuts; sprinkle with pretzels and coconut.
Prep Time 20 min
Total Time 45 min
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 260 , Total Fat 11g
(Saturated Fat 6g), Sodium 410mg Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g ), Protein
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from