Coconut Cake Doughnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Beat eggs with sugar until light; add milk and cook shortening.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut; stir just until blended.
- Chill several hours.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thick. Cut out doughnuts with doughnut cutter. Fry in deep hot fat (375 degrees F) until brown; turn and brown other side (about 1 minute per side).
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 1 dozen