- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut asparagus
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- Cook asparagus according to package directions, if frozen. If fresh,
cook in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until
- Drain spears. Reserve 3 spears for garnish.
- Cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add cottage cheese, mustard, salt and pepper;
beat and set aside.
- Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Cook mushrooms over medium heat until tender, then stir in asparagus
- Pour egg mixture over mushrooms and asparagus (put 3 reserved spears on
top). Cook mixture over low heat for about 5 minutes or until mixture
bubbles slightly and begins to set around the edges.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until
- Garnish each serving with tomato.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 183 Calories, 10 g. Fat, 416 mg.
Cholesterol and 375 mg. Sodium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: lankylefty
>> Egg Recipes