Buon Giorno Frittata
Buon Giorno Frittata is a meal-in-one.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups zucchini, halved and sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can Lindsay® Ripe Pitted Olives
- 1/2 cup Lindsay® Red Roasted Peppers,
sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs, basil, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender.
- Mix in 1 cup of olives and red bell peppers, remove from heat and stir into egg
- Pour egg and vegetable mixture back into pan, turn heat to medium-high and allow
to cook for 3-5 minutes until eggs are set on the bottom.
- Sprinkle the top of the frittata with grated cheese and remaining California
- Place into a 400 degree F oven for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
10 minutes prep
25 minutes cook
Recipe provided by the California Olive Committee.
Reprinted with permission from
Lindsay - Bell-Carter Foods.