Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Buon Giorno Frittata
Buon Giorno Frittata is a meal-in-one.
Prep: 10 | Cook: 25 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups zucchini, halved and sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can Lindsay® Ripe Pitted Olives
- 1/2 cup Lindsay® Red Roasted Peppers, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- In a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together eggs, basil, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 10 inch ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and onions and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
- Mix in 1 cup of olives and red bell peppers, remove from heat and stir into egg ixture.
- Pour egg and vegetable mixture back into pan, turn heat to medium-high and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until eggs are set on the bottom.
- Sprinkle the top of the frittata with grated cheese and remaining California Ripe Olives.
- Place into a 400 degrees F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Lindsay - Bell-Carter Foods
Recipe provided by the California Olive Committee.