Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Crab Omelets are the ideal main dish for brunch.
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cavender's Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pound crabmeat (claw)
- Pam or other cooking spray
- Saute vegetables in heavy skillet generously sprayed with Pam. Cook until soft, but not brown. Cool.
- Add vegetables to beaten eggs and seasonings. Carefully fold in crabmeat.
- When mixture is blended, drop 1/3 cup of mixture onto sprayed griddle or skillet. Cook over medium heat until underside of omelet is lightly brown; turn carefully with a spatula and brown the other side. Drain on paper towels.
Omelets freeze nicely. Thaw and heat in microwave.
Photo credit: Pain Chaud on
Foter.com CC BY-ND