Indian-Style Scrambled Eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 small tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced
jalapeño OR serrano pepper
- 4 EGGS
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until
hot. Add onion, ginger and cumin; stir-fry until onion is just softened, about
- Add tomato and jalapeño pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Beat eggs, cilantro and salt in medium bowl until blended. Pour over mixture
in skillet. As eggs begin to set, Gently pull the eggs across the pan with an
inverted turner, forming large soft curds.
- Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and
no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: calories: 84 total fat: 5g saturated fat: 2g polyunsaturated
fat: 1g monounsaturated fat: 2g cholesterol: 186mg sodium: 73mg carbohydrates: 3g
dietary fiber: 1g protein
7g vitamin A: 464.0IU vitamin D: 41.0IU folate: 30.9mcg calcium: 36.0mg iron:
1.0mg choline: 128.4mg vitamin C: 4.5mg vitamin E: .9IU trans fat: 0g sugars: 2g
potassium: 151.8mg magnesium: 10.7mg selenium: 15.9mcg phosphorus: 106.9mg vitamin
B12: .6mcg vitamin K: mcg vitamin B6: .1mg copper: .1mg vitamin B1 - thiamin: .0mg
manganese: .1mg zinc: .6mg vitamin B2 - riboflavin: .2mg vitamin B3 - niacin: .2mg
omega 3: .0g omega 6: .7g
Recipe and photo credit:
the American Egg Board.