Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Indian-Style Scrambled Eggs
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 10 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño OR serrano pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion, ginger and cumin; stir-fry until onion is just softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and jalapeño pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Beat eggs, cilantro and salt in medium bowl until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, Gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds.
- Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
Per serving: calories: 84 total fat: 5g saturated fat: 2g polyunsaturated fat: 1g monounsaturated fat: 2g cholesterol: 186mg sodium: 73mg carbohydrates: 3g dietary fiber: 1g protein 7g vitamin A: 464.0IU vitamin D: 41.0IU folate: 30.9mcg calcium: 36.0mg iron: 1.0mg choline: 128.4mg vitamin C: 4.5mg vitamin E: .9IU trans fat: 0g sugars: 2g potassium: 151.8mg magnesium: 10.7mg selenium: 15.9mcg phosphorus: 106.9mg vitamin B12: .6mcg vitamin K: mcg vitamin B6: .1mg copper: .1mg vitamin B1 - thiamin: .0mg manganese: .1mg zinc: .6mg vitamin B2 - riboflavin: .2mg vitamin B3 - niacin: .2mg omega 3: .0g omega 6: .7g