Banana Bread French Toast with Strawberry Sauce
- 1 (1 pound) loaf banana bread, cut into half-inch slices
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups prepared strawberry sauce
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add the half-and-half and cinnamon; mix well.
- Gently dip the banana bread into the egg mixture and place on a lightly
oiled griddle over medium heat. Cook on both sides until lightly brown and cooked
- To serve, drizzle with strawberry sauce.
- Use whipped butter flavored with maple in place of strawberry sauce.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 708 calories, 10 g protein,
143 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 13 g fat (3 g saturated), 167 mg cholesterol, 48
mcg folate, 3 mg iron, 369 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.