Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Banana Bread French Toast with Strawberry Sauce
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 (1 pound) loaf banana bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups prepared strawberry sauce
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add the Half-and-Half and cinnamon; mix well.
- Gently dip the banana bread into the egg mixture and place on a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. Cook on both sides until lightly brown and cooked through.
- To serve, drizzle with strawberry sauce.
- Use whipped butter flavored with maple in place of strawberry sauce.
Per serving: 708 calories, 10g protein, 143g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 13g fat (3g saturated), 167mg cholesterol, 48mcg folate, 3mg iron, 369mg sodium