Strawberry, Banana and Cream Cheese French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped banana
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 bag frozen strawberries, thawed, or 1 quart fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 bag frozen strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- French Toast: Cut the bread into 1 1/2- to 2-inch slices. Cut a pocket into each one by
slicing from the top of the bread almost to the bottom.
- Combine jam, cream cheese, strawberries and bananas in a small bowl.
- Place heaping tablespoon of strawberry filling into each pocket. Press sides
- Beat eggs and milk in wide shallow bowl. Dip filled bread slice into bowl,
coating both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add as many
slices as will fit and brown on both sides. Remove slices from pan and stack
it bottom up on its side in a glass pan and keep warm in oven while cooking
remaining French toast.
- Sauce: In a blender, puree the strawberries with the sugar, adding just
enough water, if needed, to get the blender going. Heat sauce in microwave or
in a double boiler.
- Serve with bacon or sausage.
- To serve, put the toast on a plate; pour on about 1/4 cup of the strawberry
sauce and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Serves about 8.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.