Strawberry, Banana and Cream Cheese French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped banana
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 bag frozen strawberries, thawed, or 1 quart fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 bag frozen strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- French Toast: Cut the bread into 1 1/2- to 2-inch slices. Cut a pocket into each one by
slicing from the top of the bread almost to the bottom.
- Combine jam, cream cheese, strawberries and bananas in a small bowl.
- Place heaping tablespoon of strawberry filling into each pocket. Press sides
- Beat eggs and milk in wide shallow bowl. Dip filled bread slice into bowl,
coating both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add as many
slices as will fit and brown on both sides. Remove slices from pan and stack
it bottom up on its side in a glass pan and keep warm in oven while cooking
remaining French toast.
- Sauce: In a blender, puree the strawberries with the sugar, adding just
enough water, if needed, to get the blender going. Heat sauce in microwave or
in a double boiler.
- Serve with bacon or sausage.
- To serve, put the toast on a plate; pour on about 1/4 cup of the strawberry
sauce and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Serves about 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes