Stuffed Cinnamon-Pecan French Toast
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons apple butter
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin swirl bread
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Extra butter to grease baking sheet
- Confectioners' sugar
- Warm maple syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine cream cheese, pecans and apple butter. Spread evenly on one side
of each slice of bread. Put bread slices together, cream cheese side to cream
cheese side, to form a sandwich.
- Beat together eggs and sugar. Beat in half-and-half, vanilla extract and
salt. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place sandwiches into egg mixture
and turn over several times. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two
hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a baking sheet.
- Using a large spatula, lift the sandwiches onto the prepared baking sheet.
Discard remaining egg mixture.
- Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter over the sandwiches. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn, brush with remaining butter and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more until
bread is puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes