Stuffed Cinnamon-Pecan French Toast
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons apple butter
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin swirl bread
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Extra butter to grease baking sheet
- Confectioners' sugar
- Warm maple syrup
- Combine cream cheese, pecans and apple butter. Spread evenly on one side
of each slice of bread. Put bread slices together, cream cheese side to cream
cheese side, to form a sandwich.
- Beat together eggs and sugar. Beat in half-and-half, vanilla extract and
salt. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place sandwiches into egg mixture
and turn over several times. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two
hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a baking sheet.
- Using a large spatula, lift the sandwiches onto the prepared baking sheet.
Discard remaining egg mixture.
- Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter over the sandwiches. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn, brush with remaining butter and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more until
bread is puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.