Country Ham with Red-Eye Gravy
- 8 (1/4-inch) slices ham
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups or coffee
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- On each slice of ham, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sugar.
- Place the ham slices in skillet, sugar side down. Cook until brown.
- Turn and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sugar on second side.
- Repeat with remaining ham slices and sugar. Remove ham and keep
- Add coffee to ham juices. Let simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes
until gravy is of desired consistency. Stir and pour over ham.
- Serve with biscuits.
Yield: 4 servings