Easy Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 1/2 pounds 91% lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground back pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Put the ground pork into a large mixing bowl. With a fork, break up the pork
into medium-large pieces. Sprinkle salt, rosemary, sage, pepper, marjoram, thyme
and nutmeg over the pork. With the fork, work the seasonings into the pork until
- Form the sausage into 24 balls and flatten each into a round about 3 inches in
- Place a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add
a touch of oil. When the oil is hot fill the skillet with sausage without them touching.
Sauté about 2-3 minutes to the side or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer with a slotted spatula to paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately.
Cook's note: If pork isn't an option at your house, substitute lean ground
chicken and add 1/2 cup drained, unsweetened applesauce. Mix the applesauce in thoroughly
to add moisture and a great flavor note. The patties will brown better too.
Nutrition values per sausage (uncooked): 75 calories (50 percent from fat),
4 g fat (1.7 g saturated fat), trace of carbohydrates, trace of fiber, 9.2 g protein,
35 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium