Hot and Sweet Breakfast Sandwich
- 12 (2-3 ounce) pork sausage patties
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 24 (1 ounce)
cinnamon-raisin bread slices
- 36 large eggs, beaten (4 pounds*)
- 1 1/2 cups
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 (.75 ounce) Cheddar cheese slices
- Grill or pan-fry sausage patties until thoroughly cooked; keep warm.
- Blend butter and maple syrup.
- Toast or grill bread slices; spread one side of each slice with butter blend.
- Blend eggs, water, salt and pepper.
- For each omelet, portion about 3/4 cup egg mixture into spray-coated, non-stick
8-inch pan. Cook, omelet-style, until eggs are firm throughout with no visible
liquid egg remaining. Fold flat omelets in half, then cut each crosswise.
- Assemble sandwiches: Onto a toasted bread, layer cheese slice, sausage patty
and omelet. Close with a toasted bread slice.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings
* If using frozen or liquid whole egg product.
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.