Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Maple Sausage Crack
Here’s a one-way ticket to Flavorville! Use Johnsonville Maple Flavored Sausage Strips to make this sweet and salty breakfast pastry with five ingredients. Everyone will rave that it’s delicious!
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 20 min | Yield: 12 to 14 servings
- 1 (10 ounce) package Johnsonville Maple Flavored Sausage Strips®, cut 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup pure Bourbon maple syrup, divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir sausage pieces until lightly browned, about 2 minutes; set aside.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate dough into 4 long rectangles. In a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan, place dough; press into bottom. Pinch seams and prick roll dough all over.
- Spread 1/4 cup maple syrup over dough using a pastry brush.
- Evenly sprinkle with sugar; top with sausage and pecan pieces.
- Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
- Bake until crust is golden brown; 15 to 17 minutes.
- Allow to cool; cut into pieces.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Made by The Sausage Chefs