- 16 link pork sausages
- 4 to 5 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package yellow cornbread mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup maple syrup, for serving
- Fresh sage, for garnish
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook sausages in a skillet until done, piercing with a fork to let out fat. Drain
and then arrange in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Layer sliced apples on top.
- Pour corn bread batter over all and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cornbread
- Serve with warm maple syrup and garnish with sage.
Recipe used with permission from Paula Deen.