Sausage and Egg Puff
This sort-of-soufflé is a great potluck breakfast/brunch dish. It's also
convenient when you need to provide breakfast for guests, because you can prepare
it the night before and then just pop it in the oven in the morning.
- 1 pound ground hot or mild sausage
- 2 slices white bread, diced
- 1 cup grated
sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 drop
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet, brown sausage, breaking up lumps; drain. In a 2-quart casserole,
layer sausage, bread and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with remaining ingredients. Pour over sausage mixture
in casserole dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F; bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until firm and golden