Sautéed Apples and Bacon
This is a super breakfast dish!
- 6 to 8 slices bacon
- 6 to 8 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (should be about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Grating of fresh nutmeg
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Keep it warm in the oven while the apples cook.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat. Sauté the apples uncovered in
the remaining bacon fat over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until they become slightly
translucent. Sprinkle with the sugar and nutmeg.
- Arrange the apples on a platter, surrounded by the bacon.
Serves 4 to 6.