Lemony Ricotta Pancakes
Serve this for company or for a special brunch. With mixed fruit and a quiche,
it's a great beginning to a great day!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together eggs and ricotta. Stir in milk, sugar, lemon peel
and lemon juice. Add to flour mixture all at once and stir till well blended.
- For each pancake, pour 1/3 cup batter on a hot, lightly greased griddle (add
more milk if you desire it thinner) and spread to a 5-inch circle. Cook for 1 1/2
to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with real maple syrup, jam or plain.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.