Microwave Denver Scramble Slider
This quick egg scramble sandwich is made fast in the microwave for a great on-the-go
breakfast, lunch or snack.
- 2 tablespoons chopped red OR green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 thin slice deli ham, chopped (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 1 slider-size bun OR whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
- Ketchup (optional)
- Place pepper and onion in 8-ounce microwave-safe ramekin or custard cup.
Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir.
- Add egg, ham and water; beat until blended.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave until egg is almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bun with ketchup, if desired.
Yield: 1 serving | Total time 5 min | Prep time 3 min | Cook time 2 min
Don’t overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed
Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Recipe and photo credit: American Egg Board
>> Egg Recipes