Bananas Foster Cheesecake
Bananas Foster, long a staple of restaurant dessert carts, is available here
in cheesecake form. There's rum involved—but we opted out of igniting it!
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 24 shortbread cookies, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 large bananas, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup dark rum, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Mix with cookie crumbs; press onto bottom of 9-inch
springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Mash 2 bananas slightly in large bowl. Add cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup
rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until blended. Add eggs,
one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around
rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Cook remaining butter, sugar and rum in small saucepan on low heat 10 minutes
or until butter is melted and sauce is thickened; cool for 10 minutes, stirring
- Slice remaining bananas just before serving cheesecake; arrange on cheesecake.
- Drizzle with sauce.
prep: 30 min
total: 6 hr 50 min
Please use alcohol responsibly.
Enjoy your favorite foods, such as a piece of this delicious cheesecake, on occasion
while keeping tabs on portions.
How to ripen bananas: Bananas ripen best at room temperature. To quickly ripen
bananas, place the fruit in a brown paper bag and close the bag tightly. The fruit
gives off a gas as it ripens. Containing the gas in the closed bag will hasten the
nutritional info per serving: Calories 390 Total fat 25 g Saturated fat 14
g Cholesterol 130 mg Sodium 310 mg Carbohydrate 31 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 21
g Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 15 % DV Vitamin C 6 % DV Calcium 6 % DV Iron 6 % DV
Reprinted with permission from