Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces full fat cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan evenly with softened butter. Line the bottom of the pan with a round of parchment paper.
- Whisk together Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and mix in until completely incorporated (texture will resemble wet sand) and mixture comes together in large pieces.
- Press the crust firmly and evenly across the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Pack the crust tightly with the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake the crust for 10 to 11 minutes, until lightly golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, arrowroot starch and salt on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing in each egg on low speed just until combined, about 10 seconds. Scrape down the bowl after each egg. Pour filling over the crust and gently smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Bake cheesecake at 300 degrees F for 60 to 65 minutes, until edges are set, the center is still slightly wobbly and the cheesecake is slightly puffed.
- When the cheesecake is finished baking, immediately turn off the oven, prop the oven door with a wooden spoon, and cool the cheesecake inside the oven for 75 minutes.
- After 75 minutes, remove the springform pan from the oven and place on a wire rack. Carefully run a thin metal spatula around the edge of the cheesecake to make sure it’s not sticking to the sides of the springform pan. Cool cheesecake for 1 hour on the rack.
- Move cheesecake to the refrigerator (uncovered to prevent condensation from forming) and chill overnight.
- Release the outer edge of springform pan. Use a thin metal spatula to lift cheesecake from the base of the pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Top the cheesecake with caramel sauce, smoothing with an offset spatula. For neat slices, dip a sharp knife in hot water and wipe dry before slicing cheesecake.
- Store leftover cheesecake for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Egg Board
Recipe by: Laura Kasavan, Tutti Dolci