Brazil Nut Cake
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/8 pound pitted dates
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups Brazil nuts, whole
- 1 (4 ounce) jar green maraschino cherries
- 1 (4 ounce) jar red maraschino cherries
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine nuts, dates, coconut and well-drained cherries.
- Sift dry ingredients over them. Mix well with hands until coated.
- Beat eggs until foamy and add vanilla extract.
- Stir into nuts and fruit until coated.
- Bake in a greased and wax paper lined loaf pan at 300 degrees F for 1 hour
and 45 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.