Holiday Delight Fruitcake
- 1 quart chopped pecans
- 1 pound candied cherries
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound white raisins
- 2 ounces pure lemon extract
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease well and flour a 4-quart tube pan.
- Cream butter and sugar; add lemon extract and mix well.
- Mix 2 cups flour with fruit and nuts.
- Add egg yolks to creamed mixture.
- Add remaining 3 cups flour and baking soda, diluted in water. Mix well.
- Add fruit mixture and blend well.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 3 hours.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.