Almond Butter Loaves
You'll love this delightful recipe for Almond Butter Loaves.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups almonds, toasted and chopped*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
* To toast almonds: Spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes or until fragrant and light golden brown. Cool before chopping.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box deluxe butter recipe golden cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Crust: Combine brown sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in toasted almonds and flour. Blend well. Divide and press evenly into pans.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, eggs, water and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into pans.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling racks, crust side up.
- Cool completely.
- Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, water and almond extract in small
bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glaze is desired consistency.
- Spoon over cooled loaves.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds over top.