Citrus Streusel Quick Bread
- 1 box lemon or orange cake mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon;
cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans; set aside.
- In bowl, combine pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and remaining cake mix;
beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour in 2 greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to racks.
- Combine glaze ingredients; pour over warm bread.
Source: 1998 Country Woman