- 1 (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray miniature muffin tins with vegetable oil
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend well with an electric
mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes (the batter will be thick).
- Pour a small amount of batter, filling each muffin tin half way.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn out onto a tea towel.
- Make the glaze while the cakes are baking.
- Sift the sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, oil, and 3 tablespoons water. Mix with a spoon
- With fingers, dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they are still warm,
covering as much of the cake as possible, or spoon the glaze over the warm cupcakes,
turning them to completely coat.
- Place on wire racks with wax paper underneath to catch any drips.
- Let the glaze set thoroughly, about 1 hour, before storing in containers
with tight-fitting lids.
Yield: 5 dozen
Source: Paula Deen