Pineapple Coconut Loaves
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding added
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple and juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup flake coconut
- Combine cake mix, evaporated milk, crushed pineapple and juice, eggs, and
nutmeg in large mixer bowl. Beat on lowest speed, just until moistened.
- Beat on highest speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut. Spoon into two buttered 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf
- Bake in slow oven (325 degrees F) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden
brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pans. Cool completely.
- Glaze: Stir together 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar and 1 to
2 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over loaves.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons toasted coconut over glaze.