Caramel Apple Trifle
This is great for a covered dish dinner or large family get-together.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using 2 greased 9-inch
round baking pans.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or soft set.
- Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in 8-quart punch bowl.
- Poke holes in cake with a long wooded skewer; gradually pour a third of caramel topping over
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of pudding mix.
- Spoon 1 can of pie filling over pudding; spread with 1 carton of whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake and repeat layers.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel topping,
and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 42 servings
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Treva.