Easy Caramel Carrot Poke Cake
Delight everyone at the table with an out of this world and easy to make decadent carrot cake.
- 4 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Whipped cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, mix Bisquick® mix, carrots, milk, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon,
nutmeg and eggs with wooden spoon until just moistened.
- Pour batter into pan; spread to edges with spatula.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Place pan on cooling rack. Cool for 30 minutes, then poke holes in top of
cake with fork or end of wooden spoon. Pour condensed milk evenly over cake,
- Cool completely.
- In large bowl, beat frosting, whipped cream cheese and whipped topping just
- Use spatula to spread topping evenly over cooled cake.
- Drizzle evenly with caramel topping; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to set.
Prep Time: 20 min | Servings: 12
By Stephanie Wise, Betty Blogger April 1, 2014
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.