Cranberry Pound Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light butter
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 3 large eggs (or 6 egg whites or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container orange or lemon low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat first 3 ingredients with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour and cranberries in a small bowl; toss well.
- Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture
alternately with yogurt.
- Fold in cranberry mixture and vanilla extract; pour batter
into a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over warm cake.
- Cut cake with a serrated knife.