Ginger Pound Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup candied ginger, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 9 x 5 1/2 inch loaf pans. Line bottom
with wax paper; butter paper. Lightly flour pans and paper.
- Sift 2 cups flour with baking powder.
- Combine half-and-half and vanilla extract.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy,
scraping sides as necessary.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Blend flour mixture and half-and-half alternately into batter, beginning and ending
with flour. Increase speed to high and beat just until smooth.
- Toss ginger with remaining 1/2 cup flour. Fold into batter.
- Divide between prepared
pans, smoothing tops with spatula. Tap pans lightly on counter top, eliminating
- Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pans and test inserted in centers come
out clean about 1 hour.
- Cool in pans on racks 30 minutes.
- Unmold cakes and cool completely on racks.
- Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate overnight before using.
Cakes can be refrigerated up to one week or frozen for 1 month.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes