Lemon Brandy Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups margarine (3 sticks), softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Lightly mix with spoon or spatula
and set aside.
- Cream sugar, margarine and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- After eggs have been added, take the dry mixture and add
about 1/4 of it to the cake batter. Beat well.
- Add about 1/3 cup whipping
- Continue to alternate with whipping cream and flour mixture until batter
is well mixed.
- Pour batter into greased and floured standard Bundt pan and bake for about 1
hour and 15 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- If you want a glaze for the cake, mix 1/2 cup lemon juice and two cups powdered
- Pour glaze over cake after it has cooled for 15 minutes or so and
been turned onto cooling rack or cake plate.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine May 26, 2001.