Lemon-Cornmeal Pound Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer about 30 seconds until smooth.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add sugar and baking powder. Increase mixer speed
to high and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after
each, until mixture is very pale and increased in volume.
- With mixer on low speed,
alternately beat in flour and milk in 3 additions until smooth and well blended.
- Beat in cornmeal and lemon peel just until blended.
- Divide batter between prepared pans; spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert on rack; turn cakes right side
up. Place a piece of wax paper or foil under rack.
- Mix granulated sugar and lemon juice.
- Spoon or brush all over the cake using all the glaze.
- Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut out six 1 1/2-inch stars from wax paper. Lay over cake.
- Stir confectioners' sugar through a fine sieve evenly over cake.
- Carefully lift stars from top of cake.
- Wrap airtight to store.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes