Vanilla Ricotta Pound Cake with Maple Glaze
A very moist and tender pound cake with Maple Glaze. This is a fantastic recipe for the holidays.
Vanilla Ricotta Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Wisconsin whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla Ricotta Pound Cake: Position oven rack in lower third of oven. Heat
oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter 9-inch loaf pan; place strip of parchment paper over pan bottom.
- In medium bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream butter, ricotta and sugar on medium speed
until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating and scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- Add vanilla bean paste and extract.
- On low speed, beat in dry ingredients until well combined.
- Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes; turn pan 180 degrees to ensure even browning.
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees F and bake about 40 minutes more, until cake
springs back lightly and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- Maple Glaze: In small bowl, whisk all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
If too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. If too thick, add a little more maple
syrup. You may also use cream or milk to thin.
- Drizzle glaze over pound cake; allow glaze to set before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
By The Comfort of Cooking
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin