Yogurt Pound Cake
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
- 2 cups sugar (use 1 1/2 cups if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) pineapple yogurt, or flavor of choice
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Clear Lemon Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cake: Measure flour (spoon lightly into cup to measure), sugar, salt and baking soda
into large mixing bowl, stirring to blend thoroughly.
- Add butter, yogurt, egg and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Beat at slow
speed of mixer until all ingredients are moist. Beat at medium speed 4 minutes.
- Remove beaters; stir in lemon peel.
- Turn into well greased 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Good served with warm Clear Lemon Sauce.
- Clear Lemon Sauce: Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg.
- Gradually add boiling water and cook over low heat until thick and clear.
- Add butter and lemon juice, blend thoroughly.
- To serve, our warm sauce over slices of cake.
Yield: 1 Bundt cake; 1 1/3 cups Clear Lemon Sauce