Kitty Litter Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box spice or German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (18.25 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 package white (vanilla) sandwich cookies
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
- Green food coloring
- 12 small Tootsie Rolls
- 1 new kitty litter box
- 1 new kitty litter box liner*
- 1 new pooper scooper
* Buy the "unperfumed" kind
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions, and bake in any size
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions and chill until ready
to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they
tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4
cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork
or shake in jar.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss
with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably
won't need all of the pudding. Mix it with the cake and feel it; you don't
want it soggy, just moist. Gently combine.
- Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box.
- Put three unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until
soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly.
Repeat with 3 more Tootsie Rolls and bury in mixture.
- Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter green cookie
crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in
- Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost
melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Or,
only spread 5 of the remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top. Take one and heat
until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it
lightly with cookie crumbs.
- Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.
Serve with a new pooper scooper.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes