- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Pecan halves (optional)
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup sliced maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons water
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cake: Cream butter: gradually add sugar, beat in well.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning
and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla
extract. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Spread filling between layers and on top of cake; spread sides with the
frosting. Garnish with pecan halves, if desired.
- Filling: Combine egg yolks, sugar and butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook
over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 20 minutes until thickened. Remove
from heat, and stir in remaining ingredients. Cool completely.
- Frosting: Combine the first 5 ingredients in top of a double boiler; beat 30
seconds at low speed of electric mixer or just until blended. Place over boiling
water; beat constantly on high speed 7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Remove
- Add vanilla extract; beat an additional 1 minute or until the mixture
is thick enough to spread.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine May 11, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes