Light Banana Coconut Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine banana and next 4 ingredients; add to dry mixture, stirring until
- Combine coconut and cinnamon; set aside.
- Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into pan; sprinkle
with coconut mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let cool on wire rack.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/01 5:28:49 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes