Marzipan Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Kirsch (cherry liqueur)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 8-inch round pan with butter and
sprinkle with flour.
- Combine sugar, butter and almond paste in a medium bowl; blend well.
eggs, liqueur, flavoring.
- Add flour and baking powder, and blend just to thoroughly
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool, then turn out onto a plate. Sift confectioners' sugar over the
- Raspberry Sauce: Rub raspberries through a sieve until all juice is extracted.
- Put 2 or more teaspoons of juice on a dessert plate; serve cake on top of juices.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes