Mashed Potato Cake
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until light.
- Add hot mashed potatoes and blend together.
- Sift flour; measure and add salt, baking powder, cocoa and spices.
- Sift again; add dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla extract. Beat thoroughly
after each addition.
- Fold in slightly floured nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf or layer pans.
- Bake layers at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes and loaf for one hour.
Yield: 2 (8-inch) layers or one 4 x 8 x 3 1/2-inch loaf
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes