Melting Orange Cake (Fondant a l'Orange)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups (6 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces quick mixing flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup (6 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 juiced and zested oranges
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec Liqueur)
- 1 orange (for decorating)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl beat eggs. Stir in sugar, flours, baking powder, butter and orange
- Pour into 9-inch round greased cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until
a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Unmold while still warm and sprinkle with orange juice mixed with orange
- Slice an orange thinly for decoration. Place in center of cake.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Clarice Gaubil
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes