Moist Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Chopped nuts, as needed
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and
beat until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl
- Gradually add sugar; mix well.
- Add milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cake.
- Sprinkle with nuts.