This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sift flour. Then sift again with sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Beat the milk and eggs together. Stir into dry ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead six times. Roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds.
- Heat frying pan but do not grease.
- Place scones on pan surface and heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn and heat for another 10 minutes.
This bread can be baked on a flat surface (such as a rock or brick) over an open