This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pre-fab Fry Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dry rosemary
- Before leaving home or base camp, pre-mix all ingredients and place in a durable
plastic bag or well-sealed container.
- When ready to cook, empty contents into a container and add 1/2 cup of water,
mixing well with clean hands. Add more water as needed, until dough forms a cohesive,
firm, dry ball.
- Knead 5 more minutes, then create golf-ball size dough balls.
- Flatten with bottom of can or pan to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Fry on hot skillet or griddle 10 minutes per side and serve.