Apricot Brandy Balls
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups wheat bran cereal, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped, dried apricots
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling water.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in brandy and corn syrup.
- Combine bran cereal, apricots and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in large bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture; stir together.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Form into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll in cocoa powder.
- Place in a covered container.
- Let stand for several days for flavor to mellow.