Brandy Rum Balls
Yield: about 55 balls
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla wafers, crushed into fine crumbs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light or dark rum
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 pound walnut pieces, finely ground
- Vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wafer crumbs, honey, rum, brandy and walnuts and mix until well blended.
- Rub a little vegetable oil on your hands and roll small pieces of the mixture between your palms to form balls about the size of large marbles.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar, and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.