- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or replace with more coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add coconut, milk, walnuts and vanilla extract. Chill until slightly firm.
- Roll into walnut size balls. Insert wooden pick in each ball, and place
in freezer on cookie sheets.
- Freeze until frozen solid.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave for about 1 minute.
- Using wooden picks as handles, dip frozen balls into chocolate and place
on wax paper lined cookie sheets.
- Chill until firm.
Makes about 7 dozen.