Crunchy Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Balls
Yield: about 4 dozen
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 16 ounces chocolate candy coating (CandiQuik) or 2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter and butter together in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until mixture is smooth and you can easily form balls.
- Stir in crispy rice cereal.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes on a wax paper-lined baking sheet or freeze for 20 minutes.
- If using candy coating, melt following melting directions on package. If using chocolate chips, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on HIGH for 2 minutes. Melt in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until completely
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate using a wooden pick.
- Transfer to wax paper. Let candy stand until the chocolate is firm.
- Store in an airtight container.