Deluxe Bourbon Balls
Yield: about 30 balls
- 2 cups fine vanilla wafer or Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely ground pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons light or dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon, rum or any whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cocoa and/or confectioners' sugar (for coating)
- Combine the crumbs, sugar, nuts, cocoa, corn syrup, bourbon, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter and roll in cocoa powder and/or confectioners' sugar to coat the outside.
- Store in an airtight container for at least one week and up to three weeks.
You may make this up to three weeks in advance, and they actually improve with age. You can safely double, triple or even quadruple the recipe depending on how many people you want to share these with.